From February 5 to 7, we headed down to Coral Springs, Fla., for the AMI Polyethylene Films Conference.
“By attending conferences like these, Versa Pak continues to set the bar for innovation in the industry and bring back news and best practices for our products and our company,” says Sales Manager Jeff Knapke, who attended the conference with President Michael Brunswick and Plant Manager Scott Knapke.
Polyethylene Films 2019 included an expert panel of speakers, many who spoke about new features with polyethylene films resins, trends in the packaging market, up-and-coming technologies and the future of the polyethylene industry.
Some of the panels discussed at Polyethylene Films 2019 included:
- Regulatory trends and concerns in polyethylene film: Mr. Christopher A. Thelen, regulatory specialist, M. Holland Company.
- North American polyethylene cost advantages: Sustainability and risks: E. Esteban Sagel, principal, Chemical and Polymer Market Consultants.
- Extreme performance polyethylene resins: Dr. Sushant Roy, technology, and Dr. Mosha Zhao, new product advisor, ExxonMobil.
- New EVA and LDPE materials for thermal lamination and flexible packaging and applications: Mr. Scott Weber, AD&TS engineer, Celanese.
- The NAFTA polyethylene film industry – structure and market demand: Mr. Andrew Reynolds, director, Advance Bidco (owners of AMI).
AMI’s Polyethylene Films Conference is known as the business and technical conference for the polyethylene films industry, featuring news at the local and global level. The conference was held at the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Golf Resort in Coral Springs, Fla.