Setup personnel is responsible for setting up the production of poly film. Personnel must reflect the company’s core values of ethics and dependability, work effectively in a team environment, do what it takes to get the job done and strive for personal improvement.
General Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Set up orders appropriately to Versa-Pak’s standards and/or customer specifications.
- Assure quality of the film being produced meets Versa-Pak’s standards and/or customer specifications.
- Keep the line running with minimal downtime and generated scrap.
- Respond quickly and appropriately when the line is down.
- Be able to safely power up and down all machines and equipment.
- Motivate and direct the team to superior job performance.
- Adhere to the company’s food safety policies and procedures.
- Startup – Be able to start up all elements of the line from the extruder to the winder.
- Setup – Ability to set up jobs and perform change-overs.
- Shut down – Ability to stop machinery safely.
- Perform inspections of equipment and housekeeping.
- Perform physical testing of film properties and make sure they are within Versa-Pak’s standards and/or customer specifications.
- Fill out all paperwork, logs, and data entry properly, in a timely and orderly way.
- Keep all working areas clean before, during and after each shift.
- Assure that all policies, procedures and directives are consistently followed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have some mechanical aptitude.
- Must have some mechanical training.
- Must be trainable and willing to learn.
- Must be motivated and detail-focused with good organizational and cleaning skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work on feet.
- Must be able to climb stairs