The line operator/setup personnel are responsible for the manufacturing, processing and packaging for all products. Personnel must reflect the company's core values of dependable work effectively in a team environment and do what it takes to get the job done and strive for personal improvement.
General Responsibilities and tasks include but not limited to:
- Operate extrusion line(s) and supervise all elements of the production operations.
- Assure quality of the film being produced meets the company standards and customer specifications.
- Assure the line is manned at all times to consistently monitor proper film production.
- Keep the line running with minimal downtime and generated scrap.
- Respond quickly and appropriately when the line is down.
- Be able to safely power down all equipment. (Setup Personnel)
- Motivate and direct his team to superior job performance.
- Startup - Be able to start-up all elements of the line from the extruder to the winder.
- Setup -Ability to set-up of jobs and change overs.
- Shut down -Ability to stop machinery safely.
- Preform scheduled inspections of equipment and housekeeping as specified by the daily check list.
- Preform physical testing of film properties and make sure they are within customer specifications.
- Assure all packaging and skid sheets are to Versa Pak's standards and/or customer specifications.
- All paper work, logs, and data entry must be done properly, timely and orderly.
- Keep area clean.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Should have some mechanical training.
- Must be trainable and willing to learn.
- Must be motivated and detailed focused with good organizational and housekeeping habits.
Physical Demands :
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to work on your feet.