The line operator is responsible for the manufacturing, processing and packaging for all products. Personnel must reflect the company’s core values of ethics, dependability, work effectively in a team environment and do what it takes to get the job done and strive for personal improvement.
- Operate extrusion line(s) properly and appropriately.
- Assure quality of the film being produced meets the company standards and/or customer specifications.
- Assure the line is manned at all times to consistently monitor proper film production.
- Maintain a clean working environment throughout the day.
- Respond quickly and appropriately when there is a nonconformance with the product or when the line is down.
- Adhere to the company's food safety policies and procedures.
- Perform physical testing of film properties and make sure they are within Versa-Pak's standard and/or customer specifications.
- Assure all packaging and skid sheets are to Versa-Pak's standards and/or customer specifications.
- Assure the final product is clean and free of debris before packaging and placed neatly and securely onto the skid for shipment.
- Fill out all paper work, logs, and data entry properly, timely and orderly.
- Keep working area clean and free of debris before, during and after each shift.
- Assure that all policies, procedures and directives are consistently followed.
- Complete the Line Operators Daily Task List as assigned by the shift supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must be trainable and willing to learn.
- Must be motivated and detailed focused with good organizational and cleaning skills.
Physical Demands :
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to work on your feet.
In the event that a Line Operator is not present, another qualified personnel will take his or her place.