The sales representative is responsible for working with customers and representatives who use or sell Versa Pak products. Additionally, he or she works closely with the sales manager on marketing strategies and social selling. The sales representative is also responsible for establishing contract and quality requirements for customers. This responsibility includes the negotiation, agreement and review of contract details and coordinating the involvement of company personnel during those stages.
- 50%+ travel to industry shows, to new and existing accounts and with reps as required (overnight travel is also required).
- Time management.
- High level of internal communication.
- Reaches the targets and goals set.
- Compiles and analyzes sales figures.
- Serves customers by selling products and meeting customer needs.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Weekly sales meeting to keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules and merchandising techniques.
- Recommends changes in products, services and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Travel follow-up.
- Quoting as needed.
- Maintain and find ways to increase sales of the company’s products.
- Service the needs of existing customers.
- Establish, maintain and discover ways to expand customer base.
- Increase business opportunities through various routes to market.
- Develop sales strategies and set targets.
- Collect customer feedback and market research.
- Possibly deal with some major customer accounts.
- Keep up to date with products and competitors.
- Develop raw and packaging material specifications and select and approve suppliers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to understand, analyze and interpret financial data and statistical reports.
- Able to develop and deliver presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and able to motivate others to work effectively.
- Willing to work with a flexible schedule or outside of work.
- Excellent time management skills and be able to multitask.
- Closing skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Product knowledge.
- Strong computer skills and a strong working knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Education and Experience:
- At least an associate’s degree in business or related field.
- Without a degree, at least 5 years’ experience in sales is necessary.