Maintenance is responsible for the completion of maintenance service requests as assigned. He or she shall record and complete the Preventative Maintenance Program and shall perform a variety of routine tasks involving general maintenance. Maintenance is responsible for the storage, usage and monitoring of all chemicals used in the facility.
- Inform management of any issues with equipment or buildings.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery.
- Perform repair work on buildings and equipment.
- Follow safety procedures and complete tasks in a safe manner.
- Performs work according to standard procedure.
- Ensure chemicals are stored correctly in the appropriate areas, and follow procedures when using chemicals.
- Work with contractors on new construction.
- Work with contractors on repairs.
- Maintain electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Repair and/or replace electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment components and parts.
- Installation of production equipment.
- Test production equipment for operational ability.
- Perform scheduled maintenance.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Document activities or issues with equipment or buildings.
- Perform cleaning measures when necessary.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous electrical and mechanical experience
- Minimum two-year degree or trade school certification, degree in maintenance or relevant military experience and 2 years experience or 5 years of equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of electrical construction/repair (single and three-phase voltages in A.C. and D.C. currents), use of electrical gauges and instruments and familiarity with the National Electric Code and safety procedures.
- Meticulous work ethic and keen awareness to detail
- Experience performing maintenance trades such as welding, pipefitting, fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearings, lubrication, pump and piping systems, or hydraulics and pneumatics
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Able to follow spoken or written instructions.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Time management skills.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Standard knowledge of materials and tools used.
- Know limitations and when to request licensed professional help.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling and twisting, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Will frequently kneel and crouch.
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts with advance notice.
- Will frequently lift and carry tools and occasionally heavier objects.
- May need to work in awkward positions or cramped areas.
In the event that the maintenance personnel is not present, another qualified maintenance personnel will take his or her place.
- This is a non-exempt hourly position
- Standard hours are 9 p.m.-5 a.m., Monday night - Friday night